low cost marketing
21 Ways to Market Your Opportunity Online: Tips, Tactics and Strategies
As Network Marketers and Affiliate Marketers, we are always looking for new, innovative, and effective ways to market our offers. The Internet’s ability to reach a vast number of large audiences quickly and easily can often bring results overnight. Here I want to discuss 21 different ways that you can market your opportunity online. You can use these ways to market anything online.
So whether you are just starting or have been in business for a while, there is sure to be something here that will help you market better, get better results, and grow your business!
1. Paid advertising: I know, I know, this is a no-brainer. But we often underestimate the opportunities available online to buy advertising. We usually think that paid advertising is expensive. While that is true more times than not, there is always inexpensive advertising you can buy. You just have to do some research and approach website owners, email marketers, and look into advertising spots on Social Media, etc. Don’t discount this method of marketing if you have a small budget. A little research and the willingness to try new things can serve you well. Always be sure to track your results so that you can get the most for your buck.
2. SEO (Search Engine Optimization): Most of us shy away from SEO thinking that it’s too difficult to do and requires one to significantly understand the mechanics and the technical know-how of using this method of getting online traffic. While that is not untrue, there are many ways of using SEO that most of us can use. For example, using keywords in what we produce online can help you get noticed by Google, YouTube, and other Social Media. You simply decide on some keywords that very well define and/or are related to what you’re offering, it can be as simple as that. SEO ranges from very simple factors to very complicated techniques that experts use to rank their stuff higher on Google, YouTube, etc. Important to note that there is no shortage of learning how to do SEO, especially on YouTube.
3. Article marketing: This method of getting online traffic was more popular before Social Media took over. But writing articles can still get you some results. There are many websites online that will accept your articles. Simply doing some search on Google can help you find worthwhile websites that will accept your articles. If you like to write, or don’t mind writing creatively and don’t mind doing some research on your topic then this can serve you well. Just make sure that what you write about is relevant to what you’re offering.
4. Email Marketing: This is STILL by far the most powerful way of marketing online. BUT there’s a caveat, you have to build a relationship with those to whom you market. OK, what the heck does that mean? It means that you have to build your list. You use other methods of marketing discussed here to build your list, and then you build a relationship with the people on your list by offering value and even some entertainment. When you do that, you’ll love Email Marketing. From my experience, I have seen that it’s usually a mistake to buy Email Marketing Campaigns from vendors unless you have deep pockets. You can financially get wiped out trying to do Email Marketing to cold markets through vendors. Not to mention, many clever scams will completely rip you off if you’re naïve about this, leaving you with little to show for it.
5. Pay-Per-Click Advertising: This form of advertising is where you pay for each click that you get on your ad. This can be extremely expensive or it can be cheap, depending on where you purchase your clicks. Advertise on Google and you’ll soon be screaming in pain unless you have a large budge. Pay-Per-Click on high-traffic places like Google works well for Companies that have a good advertising budget and are trying to get their brand out there. But if you’re looking for results, then it doesn’t make sense to pay more than a few pennies per click.
6. Banner Advertising: One of the original methods of marketing online, banner advertising is usually cheap but produces few results. Nevertheless, it’s worth adding to your game plan for sure. You can place banner ads on websites that are relevant to your target market, and this can be a great way to get some quality traffic to your affiliate or Network Marketing offers.
7. Social Bookmarking: A little tedious and time-consuming, but submitting your website with unique short descriptions to social bookmarking websites can get you some organic traffic.
8. Forum Marketing: You can participate in forums that are relevant to your target market, and have meaningful discussions, ask and answer questions, and you’ll find people who’ll be interested in what you have to offer. Just be careful and don’t start spamming these forums, if you do, you’ll soon be ignored or kicked out. But if you follow the rules and genuinely try to patiently contribute, you can greatly benefit from them.
9. Email Signature Tag: I am always amazed at how many people send me an email without their name/signature at the bottom. When you send an email to someone, it’s a fantastic way to let them know your full name, your phone number, and what you do by simply adding your website below your name and phone number. When you use signature tags, you include a link to your website or offer in your signature line. It’s an acceptable form of letting people know what you do. Just keep it natural and subtle, don’t create a signature tag that looks aggressive or obnoxious.
10. Buying leads: I don’t recommend buying leads unless you’re willing to call every one of them. Also, you have to follow up with email and/or text if you want good results from it. I mention it here because I’ve seen some people have success with it. There is no shortage of vendors selling leads online.
14. Blogging: This is a powerful way to establish yourself as an authority and have qualified leads following you. The benefits of having your Blog are so numerous that I won’t even attempt to talk about all of them here. One of the biggest advantages is that it can serve as a hub for you or a base for you to go from. Think of it as a foundation of your Brand and Business. Who you are and what you’re about should reflect in your Blog, so people can learn about you and decide if they wanna buy from you or work with you. It’s the ultimate transparency tool! Bottom line is that if you are serious about what you do… You NEED to have a Blog! Setting up your Blog doesn’t have to be difficult, it can range from very easy to complex for advanced users. It doesn’t have to be expensive either. Just do some research and you’ll a lot of options.
15. Video Marketing: Making videos and uploading them to YouTube can be huge! You could literally be doing just that and do extremely well no matter what you’re selling or promoting. Of course, the catch is that not everybody is comfortable making videos. The good news is that you CAN get comfortable as you make more videos. You just have to get out of your comfort zone. Also, you can make animated videos with software like SketchGenius, or create videos with short videos and images with software like Animoto. The possibilities are endless, again a little research will serve you well.
16. Social Media Marketing: Social media marketing is the process of using online platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to build relationships and interact with potential and current customers. It can be an effective way to connect with a large number of people in a short period, and can also help to build brand awareness and credibility. When it comes to social media marketing, it’s important to remember that quality is more important than quantity. It’s better to have a smaller number of high-quality connections than a large number of low-quality ones.
There are a few things to keep in mind when marketing on social media:
– Make sure you’re using the platforms where your target market is active.
– Don’t try to be everything to everyone. It’s better to focus on a few key platforms and do them well.
– Keep your content interesting, relevant, and engaging.
– Be responsive to comments and questions.
– Experiment with different strategies and tactics to see what works best for you.
With a little effort, social media marketing can be a great way to reach new customers and build relationships with the people who matter most to your business.
17. Forum Marketing:
With Forums, it’s important to choose the right ones to participate in. Not all forums are created equal, and some will be a better fit for your business than others. The key is to find forums where your target audience is hanging out and that allows you to post marketing-related content. Once you’ve found the right forums, the next step is to create content that will resonate with your audience. Remember that people come to forums to learn and discuss, so your content should be helpful and informative. If you can provide value to the community, you’ll be more likely to generate leads and build a successful community around your brand.
18. Classified Advertising: This can be a little tricky for people who market an Affiliate Program or a Network Marketing opportunity. There are so many places where you can place classified ads, but the problem is that most will bring no results or not be very effective. The best way to solve this problem is to track your ads and eliminate ads that don’t produce results. Remember, results is what matters and not how many ads you have out there. One excellent place that I have found to place my classified ad is LeadsLeap, I consistently get leads from it.
19. Traffic Exchanges: This will get you tons of traffic but extremely low results. In my opinion, this is not worth spending much of your time on. TrafficAdBar is the only one that I have gotten some results from using. But the time you could end up spending surfing other sites to get some traffic to your site is way too much for the results you may get.
20. Safelists: This one is tricky… You could pick up some very qualified prospects from using Safelists, but you could end up spending a lot of time emailing to these lists and see very few results. However, Referral Frenzy has set up a powerful tool that you can use to email many Safelists at the same time. They even give you credits every month to many Safelists so that you don’t have to read other emails to get emailing credits. When I use Referral Frenzy, I do get some leads.
21. Daily Email Clicking Programs: OK, I just made up this name because I don’t have a name for this method of getting qualified prospects to look at your offers. These programs are very new and haven’t been around that long. But I think they are an excellent idea to help you get high-quality targeted traffic. You simply subscribe to these programs and all subscribers receive an email every day in which they’re given a link that rotates all subscribers’ websites. If you’re promoting a make-money-online opportunity or a Network Marketing opportunity, then these subscribers are your best prospects. I get qualified traffic every day from these programs. They’re also very cheap and work very well. Currently, I use The Click Engine, Traffic Blaster Pro, and The Email Machine.
Online marketing isn’t rocket science. It’s a skill that anyone can learn with the right tools and resources. With a little effort, you can start marketing your business online and generating leads in no time. And if you need help, you can always watch some videos on YouTube and learn anything you want. Just remember, marketing is all about results. So focus on generating leads, sales, and results. It doesn’t matter how hard you work, what matters is the results you’re getting. Thanks for reading! I hope this post was helpful. If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment and I’ll be happy to help.
— Aziz Jangbar